Monday, August 22, 2011

Musings. Ramblings. Thinky-thoughts.

I'm laying on my bed listening to this wonderfully therapeutic rainfall outside, and the artistic side of me says, "I should write something." Problem is, I'm in one of those "but-I-have-so-many-different-things-I-wanna-write" moods. Stories sit on my desktop; some have been collecting data-dust, others I've brushed off recently.

I should write something.

I got payed for the first time as an REI employee on Friday. (I feel comfortable stating things here since I don't have any REI people as internet friends. I had originally written "friends" there - HA!) With the temp agency, I was lucky to get a paycheck that was anywhere near $280. In fact, I think the highest check I got in my second tenure as a temp was $277. I know I'm getting paid more as an official employee, but I still had to give myself that pep talk I've been giving myself since I've moved here. Don't freak out if you're not in this certain ballpark figure. You're gonna be okay. The first few weeks are going to be weird, but you're gonna get through it and support yourself. Just think about this lower range instead. If it's around there, it'll be easier to handle--"WHOA!"

It was higher than both of my ballpark figures. I'm going to be better than okay. I'm going to be paid for working out. I'm going to be doing something I enjoy doing. After six years hating grocery and what feels like two years of unemployment, that's a blessing.

I should write something.

I moved into a new house recently. I have my own room again. If anyone ever hears me say anything negative about having my own space, please hit me.

I should write something.

I literally just heard thunder for the first time this year. I had to take a moment to collect myself before I could continue. I miss the excitement of Midwestern weather so much. I plan on buying all four seasons of Storm Chasers very soon, not just because I love the show, but because there's few things better in my mind than seeing people totally enraptured by what they love. It's the little things in life. People forget that so easily.

I should write something.

I'm a romantic at heart. There's one thing that would make this little rainstorm better. Wherever he is, I hope he's enjoying it, too.

I should write something.

Now I have.

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for paychecks that are made out for more than you anticipate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to write! : ) Been checking this thing regularly for a long time, and it's ABOUT time! And like El, I'm very glad for you that the money is good. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so good! Keep the chin up Ab! His plan is unfolding right before you. Just keep Him in the driver's seat and you can't go wrong!! :) Love ya! ~Steph

    ReplyDelete